Sunday, January 25, 2009

SAHM I am

Yes , for those of you who do not know... I am a proud SAHM I am of 2! SAHM is short for "stay at home mom" and pronounced "sam i am". With two boys at home all day all I can say is, "my days are pretty busy"! When I wake up in the morning, or when the baby's soft cry wakes me up, my days begins as follows:
  • wake boys up

  • change diaper/bathroom

  • wash up

  • eat

  • play

  • sleep

  • change diaper/bathroom

  • wash up

  • eat

  • play

  • education time

  • watch tv

  • sleep (nap)

  • wake up

  • change diaper/bathroom

  • play

  • watch tv

  • change diaper/bathroom

  • eat

  • change diaper/bathroom

  • play

  • bath time

  • get ready for bed

  • change diaper (again)

  • sing songs/read/pray

  • sleep

and repeat.....

don't forget those night feeds and diaper changes too!!

Yes, that is what my day consists of and "yes" I choose this job. I know most SAHM's don't get the credit they deserve. So, for all of you stay at home mom's "Good job doing what you're doing"! It would be so much easier doing other things or getting a full time position somewhere. But... I have to say that the "little things" I've been able to witness & experience were all worth it! And hopefully, if God allows, I can be a SAHM for as long as my boys are home. Thanks to all the wonderful husbands that support their wives by working hard & making a lot of sacrifices!

And, a big "Thanks" to my husband, Brian, for letting me follow my dream and for supporting me this far to do what I've always dreamed, "be a mommy"!

1 comment:

  1. So precious... I can't wait to be a SAHM! someday... I will be! Maybe I can call on you for some mommy advice!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here